- Mind Body Green: 11 Wellness Trends To Watch In 2017
- Thrillist The Ancient Superfood Way more People Should Be Eating
- BuzzFeed: 10 Life-Changing Things To Try In May
- Forbes: Mushroom Mania? Mushrooms Are Turning Up In Coffee
- Bon Appétit: Why Health Fiends Are All Over Medicinal Mushrooms
- Time: Reishi Mushroom Hot Cocoa Is Now a Thing
- Metro: WAIT, Drinking Mushrooms Is a Thing?
- Well+Good: In LA, Mushroom Tonics Are the New Latte
- Well+Good: Why are people sipping mushroom tea?
- Goop Magazine: The Healing Power of Mushrooms
- Daily Burn: Are Medicinal Mushrooms the New Kale?
- CBS: Foods That Boost Your Beauty
Tero Isokauppila / Founder of Four Sigmatic
Tero Isokauppila, the founder of Four Sigmatic, is on a mission to make medicinal mushrooms, some of the world’s most researched superfoods, more accessible to everyone.
Born in Finland to an agronomist father and nursing teacher mother, Tero grew up on a farm his family has owned since 1619. There, he foraged for mushrooms and other wild foods while learning about the natural food space at an early age.
Following his early education on the farm, Tero later completed a Degree in Chemistry and a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell University. In 2006, he won a Finnish innovation award for discovering that the sought-after Japanese culinary matsutake mushrooms also grow in Finland. Tero is a reputable source on superfoods, an expert on natural health and has been a featured speaker at Summit Series, Wanderlust and WME-IMG.
Tero has lived in eight countries on three continents. He has a strong personal interest in health and wellness, which includes activities like making raw chocolate and practicing yin yoga. He has also recently taken up a unique practice of napping on a nail mat, which is a modern form of acupressure and helps to energize his busy life.
Tero founded Four Sigmatic in 2012 and its products are now sold in over 25 countries. In 2015, the company launched in the U.S. and relocated its headquarters to Los Angeles, California. Four Sigmatic’s functional mushroom coffees, hot cacaos and elixirs are sold at retailers nationwide, including Whole Foods and other natural grocers, as well as online at FourSigmatic.com and through online health websites like Thrive Market.
Tero is a reputable source on superfoods, an expert on natural health and has been a featured speaker for example at Summit Series, Wanderlust, Further Future, Culinary Nutrition Conference, and WME-IMG.
Tero was also chosen as one of the world's TOP 50 Food Activists by the Academy of Culinary Nutrition.
Tero and Four Sigmatic have been featured in prominent media outlets, including Vogue, Time, Forbes, W Magazine, Harper's Bazaar, BuzzFeed, Bon Appétit, Goop, Well+Good, MindBodyGreen and many others.
Example interviews of Tero:
- The Model Health Show: Everyday Medicines And The World’s Healthiest Coffee
- Fat-burning Man: Medicinal Mushrooms, The Original Biohacker, & How to Nap on a Nail Mat
- The Urban Monk: Let's Get Fungi-ed Up with Guest Tero Isokauppila
- Ben Greenfield: Cracking The Code On Nature's Best Kept Secret
- 33Voices.com: Democratizing Ancient Mushrooms
- PaleoHacks: The Truth About Medicinal Mushrooms
- Heritage Radio Network: The Food Seen
Image gallery and other resources
Press and Blog inquiries: