Introducing NEW Mushroom Lemonade
Have you ever wondered where we get our name Four Sigmatic?
The short answer is that it comes from a mathematical calculation based on the fact that we only focus on the TOP 50 most-researched foods in the world. Some of them are more exotic, like chaga, rhodiola, and schisandra... And some are more widely-known, like ginseng, turmeric… and lemon!
Believe it or not, lemon is actually one of the world’s most-researched foods. PubMed alone has 13,460 search results for Citrus limon.
We at Four Sigmatic are huge fans of lemon for both its benefits and its flavor (raise your hand if you, too are a “water-with-lemon” order-er!). And lemonade is one of the most popular ways to consume it. But most lemonade on the market is packed with so much sugar and other nasty stuff that you completely miss out on the benefits of the lemon.
Some of you OG Four Sigmatic followers may remember that we actually launched a lion’s mane-chaga-monk fruit lemonade a few years ago. It got mixed reviews. People loved the purpose and benefits of a sugar-free superfood lemonade but didn't enjoy the dark brown color created by the lion’s mane. It didn’t look enough like lemonade to you, but looked instead like “dirty water”, as one customer noted… so we took it off the market and went back to the lab.
Unfortunately, after TONS of testing, we were still unable to produce a truly functional lemonade mix that actually looked like lemonade.
Then we had a revelation: If you can't beat them, join them.
So instead of fighting it, we went all in on the black color. We replaced lion’s mane with charcoal and doubled down on the detoxifying benefits of lemon.
INTRODUCING: The Mushroom Lemonade with Charcoal & Chaga!
Not only is this lemonade dark... it’s jet black.
Why pair charcoal, chaga, and lemon?
Think of these ingredients as the three amigos, supporting detox, digestion, and skin wellbeing in tandem:
- Activated charcoal has become a popular ingredient, often used to support detox by mopping up the bad guys like a magnet.
- Chaga supports immune function and gut wellbeing. It’s also rich in antioxidant properties, like melanin.
- Lemon is beloved for hydration and digestive support, often touted for its use to support skin wellbeing and digestion.
These three ingredients are incredible all on their own. But pair them together and you have a body-loving force.
WARNING: This lemonade is not for everyone, or for every occasion. Its powers come with a dark side (pun intended). Keep reading for more information.
The base for this lemonade is the same organic lemon powder and acerola extract (another superfood with one of the highest sources of Vitamin C in the world) as before… and the sweetness still comes from monk fruit with no added sugar.
The end result is super-charged lemonade without sugar. A lemonade that could actually make you feel better, not worse.
When should you use the Mushroom Lemonade with Charcoal and Chaga?
- First thing in the morning on an empty stomach during a seasonal detox or a karmic cleanup (we’ve all been there),
- After an indulgent night or weekend (or year) to detox from the rich food and beverages you may have consumed.
- To protect your body and skin during travel. Bonus: You get to be that weirdo sipping black lemonade at the airport!
- If your digestion is feeling sluggish or you’re feeling especially fatigued (note: combine this with some sort of fasting protocol).
- If you don’t have access to filtered tap water (activated charcoal could help remove fluoride and other toxins from tap water).
When should you NOT use this product – or charcoal in general?
- When you’re already living super healthfully. This is no avocado, but instead a strong detoxifier.
- During meals. Take charcoal 1-2 hours before a meal and 3-4 hours after a meal (unless you ate something bad and need to relieve your stomach).
- If you take prescription medication. This is true for most nutrient-dense functional foods, but especially true with charcoal. Doctors are very familiar with charcoal (it’s used widely in hospitals during emergency treatment of certain kinds of poisoning) and your physician can advise you further.
As I noted a couple of times already, this is some powerful stuff… but with great power comes great responsibility. Please remember to read the fine print before beginning use (there’s more info below in our FAQ as well).
While charcoal is not for everyone or every situation, I personally enjoy using it to brush my teeth, help me when I travel, and combine it with my fasting practice.
If the idea of a sugar-free lemonade or a detox drink gets you excited, you can shop the Mushroom Lemonade Mix with Charcoal & Chaga here.
We've limited the size of the first batch and will only make more of this innovative product based on your feedback, so be sure and let us know what you think!
Your fungi friend,